I am a drinker with writing problems.Brendan Behan
“My ideas usually come not at my desk writing but in the midst of living.”
The scariest moment is always just before you start.
Gone but never to be forgotten, Zig Ziglar passed on November 28th, 2012.
An entrepreneurial phenomenon who went on to become a motivational speaker and trainer, Zig set ablaze the minds and hearts of myriad people.
Below is a short collection of some of the favorites we’ve seen out there.
10) “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.”
9) “You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”
8 ) “People often say motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.”
7) “There has never been a statue erected to honor a critic.”
6) “People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.”
5) “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”
4) “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.”
3) “A goal properly set is halfway reached.”
2) “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
1) “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.”
The clarity you gain today might not be enough to see you through tomorrow. Live everyday seeking more.
“Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country.
When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank.
You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin!
You are a den of vipers and thieves.”
— Andrew Jackson (7th US President, when forcing the closure of the Second Bank of the US in 1836 by revoking its charter)